Monday, June 15, 2009

Last weekend

So I went fishing Friday, I can't give any details as I was sworn to secrecy by my anonymous liaison, but it was a lot of fun, and it was a lot of fun, and I am so lucky to have been able to have such a neat opportunity.

Now for stuff I can talk about...

Saturday Jen and I headed over to Wisconsin and went fly fishing. We got on the river to a spot I go to once in a while. Somehow half way through, my compass in my head broke. We may have gotten a little lost for about 45 minutes or so....and it was frigging hot. Walking in waders in 80 degrees in the middle of the woods, black flies, mosquito's....not so fun this time. This would have been the classic story that breaks people from ever going back again.

We eventually worked our way around back to the river...where we STARTED! Now I gotta say that this was only the 2nd time that I got that twisted around (a.k.a. LOST), but I was in no frame of mind for that this time. Last time I kind of enjoyed it. The major clue was seeing some old rusty commercial storage like things that could have been there for something legit....or not. It was kind of a funny place for them. And a funny little banjo was playing inside my head when we stumbled across this scene.

So no fish were caught, we were hot, and we REALLY enjoyed the A/C on the drive back home.

I think I might have to consider this to be an opportune time to switch over to fishing for warm water species now that Summer is upon us...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment