Once I got upstairs and situated, I tied up a dozen of these Zebra midge variants. It was the standard pattern but with a red butt that I saw in one of the shops fly bins. Then I tied a few with a caddis green butt using a gun metal beadhead instead of the copper. Made for what looked an like an upside down caddis. Hopefully it will work for me.
For those interested the next:
- The Rush River Clean Up on April 21st,
- MN Bass Expo 4/20 - 4/22 in Blaine,
- Open tying night at the Fly Angler is May 7th, 6-8pm,
- Club fishing outing on May 20th,
- and as always, every Thursday night is the Fly Tier's club meetings. I think there will be some trying their hand at tying tube flies on April 19th.