Monday, November 17, 2008

Two weekends ago...

Two weekends ago was the opener of the MN Deer hunting season, which meant that there was more room for me on the tribs of the north woods of WI for steelhead fishing. It was my last weekend of steelheading and it was pretty nice.

I arrived Friday night to the cabin I was staying at. After checking in, I settled into one of my favorite bars, the Kro-bar, for an evening of entertainment by the locals.

Saturday, I fished in the heavy snow flakes and quiet woods. Very few people around, so I was able to hit all my favorite spots with ease. While I didn't catch a thing, it was great to be out while it was snowing so heavily. That evening, I hooked up with my wife and some friends for dinner at the O.P. Bar. The friends that were there were mostly the ones I went with on my Bonefishing vacation in Mexico this past spring. Mike from the Fly Angler, Peter, and David. Two others also dined with us that new people from the group. It was a great evening of conversation of both the past several weeks victories and blunders, as well as some stories from the Bonefishing trip as well. And of course, the required brainstorming of the next potential trip.

Sunday the wind picked up significantly, so Jen and I went off to play tourist in Ashland. After being disappointed there, we headed up to Washburn. We snapped a few photos, got a coffee from the coffee place, and met up with some friends back in Duluth, MN for the remainder of the afternoon/evening, where they took us out to "The Shack" for some decent ribs.

Monday we packed up and meandered home enjoying the day off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment